If you are looking to achieve a whiter smile, it's important that you know how to do so. Not everyone needs the same treatment and with many treatments available to you, it can be difficult to determine which one is ultimately the best for you in the end. Here are five ways for you to whiten your teeth:
- Home Whitening: There are plenty of home whitening kits that are available to use. These are often affordable. However, the best option would probably be to ask your dentist to provide you with a home whitening kit, which may be a bit more expensive than purchasing one over the counter. Since your dentist knows your smile though and whether or not your teeth are sensitive to certain things, they will likely provide you with a kit that is suited better for your smile, thus providing better results.
- Whitening Strips: Whitening strips are affordable and really easy to use. You can basically wear them anywhere you want. This allows you to multi-task with the strips on so you don't have to worry about setting aside time out of your day to work on the teeth whitening process.
- Whitening Toothpaste: Almost all toothpastes have whitening agents in them. However, if you are looking for a toothpaste to specifically work on whitening your teeth, then you will want to choose a speciality brand that does just this. These types of toothpastes will come with special instructions. It's important that you follow these and only use the recommended amount of toothpaste per day. If you go overboard and use more than what is recommended, it can damage the enamel of your teeth and thus make your teeth more sensitive. This is because whitening toothpastes have ingredients in it that can eat away at the surface of your teeth.
- Paint-On Gel Whitening: You can also purchase paint gel whitening over the counter for an affordable price. With these, you can get quick results, but they won't last long. These paint-on gels are ideal to use right before you leave to go to a special occasion for this reason.
- In-Office Whitening: Finally, the best option for teeth whitening in the end is to have your dentist do it for you in-office. This is because they will use the right amount of agents to whiten your teeth that will get quick results that actually last for a long amount of time.
By knowing some of the ways to whiten your teeth, you can be sure that you end up with results that you are happiest with and you find an option that works best for your specific situation.